Behaviour & Rewards
Positive Behaviour Management at Oasis Academy Boulton:
Here at Oasis Academy Boulton we believe that we positively encourage, good behaviour which promotes the development of courtesy, good manners, care and respect along with the Oasis Ethos below. Self-esteem, self-discipline, responsibility and self-respect are held to be a paramount importance.
· a passion to include everyone
· a desire to treat everyone equally, respecting differences
· a commitment to healthy, open relationships
· a deep sense of hope that things can change and be transformed
· a sense of perseverance to keep going for the long haul
Behaviour for Learning:
Oasis Academy Boulton aims to develop Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) in all our pupils that inspire them to be the best they can be. Pupils will consistently display a thirst for knowledge and understanding and a love of learning. Pupils’ attitudes to learning will be of an equally high standard across subjects, years and classes and with different staff. The PLTS are represented as characters to make them child friendly.
· Teemz-a team worker
· Tinker- a creative thinker
· Effex- an effective participant
· Indie- an independent enquirer
· Selfie- a self-manager
· Reflect- a reflective learner
Each character represents a set of skills. To ensure continuity and progression, there are four levels of skills to match the four age phases in the Academy. Posters showing the characters and age appropriate skills are in each classroom and around the Academy.
Pupils assess their learning attitudes and behaviours against these skills.
Each week, a child from each class is selected to receive the PLTS award for showing the skills related to one of the characters. The award is presented in our Friday Celebration Assembly and winners are shown in the newsletter.