We know that each of our young people will face different challenges as they grow up, be that academically, socially, emotionally or developmentally, therefore we want to do everything we can to help them through whatever life throws their way. For this purpose we have set up a comprehensive pastoral care system, designed to support students in all aspects of school life.
- Building relationships with peers
- Rewards for positive behavior
- Rewards for attendance and punctuality
Partnerships with external organisations for those more challenging problems
We know that the most effective learners are happy learners, therefore from the start of your child's journey with us through to the end of their time in our home we aim to make sure they feel supported, encouraged and motivated to learn. We do this by introducing them to their class, and giving them a tour of their new home even before they have formally started with us in September.
We want our halls and corridors to feel like a home-from-home for your children. Our academy is a family - thriving with healthy relationships and positive influences. Our class teachers and tutors take the time to get to know each of their students, finding out what your child is interested in, where their aspirations lie and what hopes they have for their year.
Every child at Oasis Academy Boulton belongs to one of our ‘Houses’ – Blue, Green, Red or Yellow
- House points are awarded to individual children in recognition of achievements linked to good work,good behaviour or individual achievement
- House points are collected weekly by monitors
- The results are shared by the House Captains in the Friday celebration assembly and a trophy awarded to the winning house
- Each half term the weekly winners are collated and the winning House has a special extra play with additional equipment
- Children are randomly put into Houses except where siblings are placed in the same colour
- Termly house meetings and house assemblies to promote house family ethos
- Houses are used for a variety of purposes e.g. in PE lessons, sports days etc