At lunchtime we encourage children to have an Academy meal. These are cooked on site and are nutritionally balanced. We always offer a choice including vegetarian and Halal - menus are available below.
Alternatively children may bring a packed lunch. We ask parents and carers providing packed lunches to choose healthy options with a balanced selection of food including fruit and vegetables, juice and/or water. We do not permit sweets in packed lunches. Students are encouraged to bring a water bottle to school each day which can be refilled at our fountains. We do not allow energy drinks to be brought into the Academy.
Applying for Free School Meals
You may be eligible to claim free school meals for your child, up to the age of 19-years-old, if you (or your child) get one of the following:
- Income support
- Income-based Jobseeker Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Universal Credit
Please get in touch with the academy office today to ask for a form for free school meal applications.
To find out what we are serving in our kitchens each week, please see the below attachment
Good Food that Children will Love
Our catering is done by Sodexo. At Sodexo, chefs and dietetics put a great deal of care and know-how into creating healthy, balanced menus that meet the nutritional needs of pupils. The menus meet the government's School Food Plan requirements and also ensure that lunchtimes are enjoyable!